Serviced Apartments in London
Fraser Residence Blackfriars apartment hotel is strategically located in the financial district of central London, often referred to as ‘the Wall Street of the UK’ or the ‘Square Mile’. The City of London is today a major business and financial centre on par with New York City as the leading centre of global finance.
With excellent transport facilities nearby, the Residence is only a three-minute walk to Blackfriars underground station and National Rail. A wide network of day and night buses ply the property, making it extremely convenient for travellers to get around. Visit the many attractions that lie within easy reach of Fraser Residence Blackfriars hotel apartments, including St Pauls and the Tate Modern.
Fraser Residence Blackfriars
1 Church Entry
London EC4V 5EU
Facilities, Amenities and Services within the vicinity
- Tesco Supermarket (4-minute walk)
- Array of restaurants, cafes and bars (5-minute walk)
- Marks & Spencer (7-minute walk)
- Sainsbury’s Supermarket (7-minute walk)
- Banks – NatWest, Barclays, and Lloyds (5- to 15-minute walk)
- Boots chemist (7-minute walk)
- Hairdresser (5-minute walk)
- Paul’s bakery (7-minute walk)
- Newsagent (4-minute walk)
- Post Office (9-minute walk)
- Barbican Centre – Cinema and Concerts Hall (10-minute walk)
- Museum of London (10-minute walk)
- CityPoint Gym, with exclusive offers for Fraser guests (15-minute walk)
- One New Change shopping mall (10-minute walk)
- St Paul’s Cathedral (5-minute walk)
- Millennium Bridge and the Tate Gallery (10-minute walk)
- The Globe Theatre (5-minute walk)
- Tower Bridge (20-minute walk)
- Tower of London (20-minute walk)
- The Monument (15-minute walk)
- Leadenhall Market (15-minute walk)
- Borrough Market (20-minute walk)
Getting to Fraser Residence Blackfriars:
Nearest Underground Station:
Nearest Mainline Station:
- London Blackfriars, with direct access to London Gatwick Airport
- Docklands Light Railway (DLR), offers direct connection to Canary Wharf and London City Airport from Monument/Bank underground station
Nearest River Taxi:
- Blackfriars Millennium Pier, transport by boat on the River Thames, which calls at Embankment, Cadogan Pier, Chelsea Harbour, Wandsworth, Putney, London Bridge, Canary Wharf, Greenwich and Woolwich Arsenal.
A wide selection of London Transport bus routes can be found around the property. Airport transfers can be arranged upon request.
The capital city of England, United Kingdom, London is a global city that leads in the areas of arts, commerce, education, entertainment, and media. It is one of the world’s most visited cities, attracting an international audience of businessmen and tourists alike. With a diverse range of peoples and cultures, numerous museums and galleries, London is also home to four UNESCO World Heritage Sites: the Tower of London, The Royal Botanic Gardens at Kew, The Palace of Westminster and Maritime Greenwich.
The London public transport network that comprises the well-known tubes, buses, trains and more is one of the most extensive in the world. One can travel at ease to different parts of the city for shopping, visiting the various places of interest or exploring the city with the London Pass.
Essential Facts About London
The official language in United Kingdom (UK) is English.
The local time in the UK in winter is referred to as Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). The local time in the UK in summer is referred to as British Summer Time (BST), which is GMT+1.
Visit the UK Visas and Immigration Service website at https://www.gov.uk/visas-immigration for information on visas for tourists, work, study, and other related information or useful contacts.
The British Pound Sterling (GBP) is used in the UK.
The standard VAT rate is 20%.
Tipping is not required in the UK. All staff in the UK, must by law, be paid at least the National Minimum Wage whether they receive tips or not.
Banks, in general are open as follows:
Mondays to Fridays, 09:00 to 17:00 hours
Saturdays (some branches), 09:00 to 14:00 hours
Mondays to Fridays, 09:00 to 17:00 hours
Shops, may vary but generally:
Mondays to Fridays, 09:00 to 19:00 hours
Saturdays and Sundays, 11:00 to 17:00 hours
The calling UK code is 44.
The electrical current in the UK is 230V/50Hz.
Public holidays in United Kingdom are called "Bank Holidays" and include:
- New Year's Day: 1st January
- Good Friday: varies
- Easter Monday: varies
- Early May Bank Holiday: 1st Monday of May
- Spring Bank Holiday: last Monday of May
- Summer Bank Holiday: last Monday of August
- Christmas Day: 25th December
- Boxing Day: 26th December